Saturday, March 31, 2012

Day 4: Jamaica

Our day in Jamaica consisted of an hour bus tour to Dunns River Falls. It was a fun island experience that felt a little bit more like the county fair. There were 7 cruise ships in the area and a good majority of those guests were visiting the falls. Mark and Rob were going to hike up the falls...but opted to just walk up the pathway and get some kicks out of watching people climb up! It was beautiful, just crowded. It took the others on our tour more than an hour to hike all the way up.







 View from behind the tour guide on the bus
 Bus ride
 Future Wal Mart!

 Once back on the ship Rob enjoyed some time on the FlowRider...it was boogie boarding time!

 Here's our first towel animal! One of the main washing machines was down so they were not allowing the room guys to do towel animals the first couple nights...so I was excited to see this little guy!
 Rob and I enjoyed a romantic dinner...he usually ordered at least two entrees! I usually ordered at least two desserts!
 Orlando was our favorite waiter in the Schooner Bar (piano bar). Rob and I first met him when he conducted our safety drill. He's Jamaican and was a lot of fun to have around. When I met him I told him I would come by his bar if he would make me a Shirley Temple. He looked at me like I was crazy only drinking a shirley temple! Then I explained 1. they are my favorite (I love the cherries) 2. I'm pregnant 3. I don't drink. Well the first night we went to his bar he served me a free shirley temple...and then gave me a wine glass FULL of marichino cherries. After that, I received lots of free cherries and drinks!

All the workers were jealous of him because every other week he gets to get off the ship and go see his family. Most of them go eight months without seeing their spouses and children. In this pic we were enjoying some virgin strawberry daquiri's!

1 comment:

  1. It's really funny seeing you little a little chubby in the mid-section. Can't wait for that belly of yours to just pop on out!

    ReplyDelete